Please carefully read the description of the duties of the Golden Vintage Dinner Co-Chair and if you believe you can help, please contact Ginny Baynes asap at email@example.com. You will be working along side Ginny as your fellow Co-Chair. Ginny has helped organize the last several Golden Vintage Dinner auctions, so you will be in good hands.
The dinner is the largest fundraiser of the year for GBR and we really need a well organized person who has the time to devote to a fun and exciting project.
CO-AUCTION CHAIR(S) – WHAT ARE THEY?
Lead and direct the silent auction for the largest single annual fundraiser for Golden Bond Rescue – the Golden Vintage Dinner/Auction – June 6, 2015.
Must be very organized, resourceful, positive and solution oriented as well as good communicators.
Oversees the implementation of all aspects of the silent and oral auction and be involved in the overall vision with GBR board members
- With volunteer coordinator, recruit volunteers to work all aspects of the silent auction: solicitation of items (approx. 50 items total), set-up, runners, cashiers, etc.
- Establishes a master calendar for the event planning and follows up with those involved to ensure all tasks are completed
- Coordinates design and printing of some auction supplies – procurement forms, master auction item list, silent auction bid slips, etc.
- Final check‐point to ensure that all auction items have been received, assigns item numbers, and ensures that auction certificates and items are ready for auction.
- Coordinates final transport of auction items to event venue
- Coordinates all auction communication to the GB Board and volunteer base through e‐mails with the help of the volunteer coordinator
- Oversees and directs day of event set‐up and clean‐up
- Ensures Thank You notes/letters are sent to donors, vendors and volunteers
- Maintains event notebook and documents for future events
- Serves as a resource to future Auction Chairs
Volunteer Time: 4-6 months (the 2015 dinner is June 6th), 150‐200 hours spread out over time. The majority of the time is spent in the last 2 months leading up to the auction.
REMEMBER, YOU WILL NOT BE DOING ALL THIS ON YOUR OWN!