Before You Start Video - A summary of what you need to know prior to applying for a retriever from Golden Bond Rescue.
Note that Golden Bond Rescue will not adopt dogs to families with children under 10 years old. Please see Kids and Dogs for specifics.
Please see instructions on the Before You Start page prior to completing the application. Then please fill out the application online. Please note that if you choose to mail your adoption application fee, your application will not be processed until the fee is received.
Our adoption fees range from $350 to $1500 based on a variety of factors such as the dog's age, where they came from, veterinary procedures they've undergone, etc. As a dog becomes available for adoption, members of the Adoption Team will determine that particular dog's adoption fee and it will be posted on the dog's web page.
Our International dogs rescued carry a higher cost because of the funds needed not only to pay for their medical needs but also for transporting them to the U.S.A.
**Our adoption fees help to cover the following: 1) at least one vet exam; 2) all core vaccinations - DHPP, lepto, canine flu, bordetella and parainfluenza; 4) worming; and 5) neutering.
GoldenBond Rescue Adoption Application (online) – use this link to complete your application and pay for the adoption fee online. No printed paper applications will be accepted.
Please Note: You must fill out ALL questions completely in order to have your application processed in a timely manner. We are volunteers and when we have to call you to complete your questionnaire, your application is delayed considerably in processing. This especially applies to the FENCING QUESTIONS! We require a fenced enclosure and need to know the details of your fenced area. Please read our page on Fence Requirements for specifics.
Fees and Agreements: Due to the effort required to process adoption applications for a Golden Bond Rescue dog, a $50.00 non-refundable fee is required with each application. Return Adopters need not send the $50.00 application fee with their application (Please write “Return Adopter” at the top of your application.) When you have met the Golden you wish to adopt, and all five steps of the adoption process have been completed and approved, the ADOPTION fee is due.
If you adopt from Golden Bond Rescue, we require that you sign an adoption agreement. The adoption agreement is in two parts. The first part is a liability waiver — we cannot guarantee anything. The second part is our “terms of adoption”.
If you choose to mail the application fee, please send it to:
Golden Bond Rescue
14111 S. Union Mills Rd.
Mulino, OR 97042
Or, you may the fee via Venmo: @goldenbondrescue. Please note on the payment your name and that it is for an adoption application fee.
Our adoption requirements include:
- A fenced yard (Please read the page on Fence Requirements for specifics.).
- Home Ownership: Golden Bond Rescue will consider renters on a case-by-case basis. If you rent, we must receive a note from your landlord confirming that you are permitted to have a dog the size of a golden retriever at their property before we consider your application complete and will process it.
- No adoptions to families with kids under 10 years old.
- Dog treated as member of the family: Dog must be kept in the house and treated like one of the family. They are not to be isolated in a separate room, or left out in the yard.
- Adoption fee as stated above (reduced fee for Senior dogs and Special Needs dogs).
- Signed Adoption Agreement: If you decide for any reason that you are no longer interested in adopting a Golden from us, please contacts us immediately. We will remove you from our active list.