It’s time to take out your 2018 calendars and begin filling in your social events – beginning with GBR’s fourth annual Valentine’s Day Progressive Lunch (sort of) and White Elephant Gift Exchange fundraiser.
Here’s how it works: Every person attending, brings one potluck dish (appetizer, salad, side dish, main course, dessert, and beverage). Each time you go up to the food table, you pay $1 (Come on – it’s a fundraiser after all!) At the beginning of the lunch, only the appetizers will be available, then the salads will be put out on the table, then the side dishes, followed by the main course, and finally the desserts. Beverages will be available throughout the lunch. If you went back for every course only once and had one beverage, your entire lunch could cost as low as $6! Where else can you get a wide variety of delicious home-cooked food for only $6? As you “progress” through lunch, you’re not only getting a good meal and great conversation but you’re also helping GBR’s dogs.
The White Elephant Gift Exchange is loads of fun. Bring one wrapped gift and we’ll do a fun gift exchange game after lunch.
Parking: Please park along the side of the building on SE Maple or on SE Cedar across the street from the community center. Do NOT park in the front parking lot. Entrance is through the basement door located on the South side of the building.
What to Bring :
- A potluck Dish and serving utensil(s) (Please RSVP to Martha firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate food)
- A bottle or jug of something Non-alcoholic to drink
- One gift-wrapped white elephant gift for each person in your party who wishes to participate in the exchange. Never heard of a white elephant gift? The gift is an item you don’t want to keep but it’s still in new or like new condition, e.g. that CD of Wayne Newton’s Greatest Hits you got from Auntie Sally on your last birthday.
- Your Golden Bond Rescue dog(s) who can behave around other dogs and around food. All dogs must remain on non-retractable leashes.
- OH, yes, and – money! Golden Bond merchandise will be available to purchase as well as a photographer to capture you and your sweetheart(s) on film. Plus you’ll need $$$ to pay for the 4-5 trips you’ll make to the food table. Don’t have cash? Not to worry, bring a check or credit card.
Last but not least, we do need volunteers to help during the lunch. If you can volunteer, please contact Martha McGuirk at email@example.com.